We can all admit we love free testers and deluxe skincare goodies. And many of us have probably discovered our favorite products through a trial size, which is when you see the results and effectiveness of the formula before committing to a full size. In this blog post, we'll review Blunt Skincare's trial-size program, how to choose which of our CBD face oils is right for you, and how to get a sample.
Who Is Blunt Skincare?
We're a cannabis skincare company focusing on the latest research of cannabis and cosmetic science innovation. Blunt is founded and led by a professional chemist passionate about our skin health through the power of active ingredients, including cannabis extracts. Our first collection of products features three different cannabis technologies, each tailored to provide you with benefits, like relief from sensitive or dry skin and protection from free radical environments.
You can learn more about us and what we stand for here.
Choosing The Right CBD Face Oils
You may be familiar with hemp seed oil from health stores or Whole Foods. But did you know these snackable seeds are also squeezed into an oil, which is a widely used skincare ingredient for its emollience and efficacy in moisturizing skin while increasing hydration levels? If you want to smoothen and soften the skin for a more hydrated, supple look — choose Seed Hydrating Face Oil.
Cannabis research is quickly progressing to discover new molecules that can be potentially used for medicinal or cosmetic purposes. Cannabidiol (CBD) is the most popular cannabinoid, with early research on benefiting the skin by regulating the skin's endocannabinoid system, normalizing oil production, and as a cosmetic ingredient with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. If you want to soothe irritated or sensitive skin for a more moisturized and clear complexion, — choose Isolate Pure CBD Balancing Face Oil.
While Isolate is a pure CBD, the full-spectrum extracts contain CBD and other rare cannabinoids, adding more potential benefits to the ingredient and formulation. In addition to this double dosage, Moonrock Full Spectrum Renewal Face Oil contains potent botanical extracts to protect the skin from free radicals and the environment for a more youthful, brighter complexion.
How Do You Use CBD Face Oils?
There are many ways you can incorporate CBD face oils into your skincare routine. While your preference on the application method or specific step of your skincare regimen does matter, it’s not more important than using CBD face oils consistently. This will help you to fully reap their dope benefits. Here’s more info:
- Use the CBD face oils like you would a regular face oil. We recommend applying them on clean skin and after water-based treatments to seal in all the good-for-you moisture. Try warming up 2-3 drops of oil in your palms and gently pressing onto the skin, allowing it to absorb for one minute.
- Mix them with your moisturizer. Regular face creams contain up to 50% of oils mixed with water and, in some cases, lower than 20%. Give your moisturizer game a boost by mixing in a few drops of the cannabis face oils before application. The best part of this method is that you can use it with any moisturizer.
- Use it with massage tools. Oils lubricate the skin and are a perfect medium to use with massage tools. By doing this, you may unlock additional benefits like facial muscle relaxation, lymphatic drainage, depuffing, and lifting.
Additional Helpful Information On Blunt Skincare CBD Face Oils
Wondering what else you need to know about Blunt Skincare products? Here's a short list of product facts to know before you decide to give our CBD face oils a try:
- Vegan & Cruelty-Free. All the ingredients used in Blunt formulas are created in nature by biotechnology or synthetically produced in labs. We ensure all components in our products are not of animal origin and have never been tested on animals.
- Free of Synthetic Fragrance. We chose to create products without synthetic fragrance to go along with our pledge to transparent beauty. Blunt products can be either unscented or scented with natural ingredients, clearly showing the plant source of the scent.
- Free of Synthetic Dyes. We never use synthetic dyes or pigments to color Blunt formulas. Instead, we use plant-based ingredients that bring out the natural color and radiance of our CBD face oils.
- Transparent Labeling and Dosage. Blunt Skincare advocates for more beauty transparency to help customers choose the right products for their skin. Our products are triple-tested for integrity and clearly labeled with the type of cannabis extract and dosage used in the bottle.
- Locally Made in the United States. We're a company based in California. Our formulations are produced in FDA-registered facilities there, along with several other states within the U.S.
- Our Company Values. In addition to our commitment to excellent quality products and the advocacy for transparent, sustainable beauty, we’re also dedicated to equality, justice, and the destigmatization of cannabis. In fact, a portion of our profits are donated regularly to organizations doing good work through Floret Coalition and fighting for LGBTQIA+ rights.
Try One of the Blunt Skincare CBD Face Oils as a Free Sample
There are many ways your skin can benefit from adding CBD face oils to your skincare routine. If you're still unsure which oils suit your skin type, check out this quiz, which will have you answer a few simple questions about your skin.
Once you figure out which one of the Blunt CBD face oils is right for your skin, you can grab your free sample here.
1. Nielsen A, Knoblauch NT, Dobos GJ, Michalsen A, Kaptchuk TJ. The effect of Gua Sha treatment on the microcirculation of surface tissue: a pilot study in healthy subjects. Explore (NY). 2007 Sep-Oct;3(5):456-66. doi: 10.1016/j.explore.2007.06.001. PMID: 17905355.
2. Purnamawati S, Indrastuti N, Danarti R, Saefudin T. The Role of Moisturizers in Addressing Various Kinds of Dermatitis: A Review. Clin Med Res. 2017 Dec;15(3-4):75-87. doi: 10.3121/cmr.2017.1363. Epub 2017 Dec 11. PMID: 29229630; PMCID: PMC5849435.
3. Baswan SM, Klosner AE, Glynn K, Rajgopal A, Malik K, Yim S, Stern N. Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Skin Health and Disorders. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2020 Dec 8;13:927-942. doi: 10.2147/CCID.S286411. PMID: 33335413; PMCID: PMC7736837.
4. Ferreira, B.P., Costa, G., Mascarenhas-Melo, F. et al. Skin applications of cannabidiol: sources, effects, delivery systems, marketed formulations and safety. Phytochem Rev 22, 781–828 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11101-023-09860-5